20161121

Subway - State College PA

I have read that there are four times as many Subway restaurants than McDonald's that means that when Subway announced the reuben sub that I had four times as many places to try it as I had to get a Big Mac.  That left me trying to figure out which of the ones nearby I should try.  I decided on the one in the Walmart.  Then I had to decide which Walmart...

The "Sandwich Artist" at the shop was kinda cool.  He asked me if I had had one before and I said not there but I regularly ate them elsewhere.  He said that until this came out had had never had rye bread or sauerkraut and now he was eating three or four times a day.

Part of the Subway mystique is being able to adjust the sandwich my liking but I decided to let it ride.  Take it as presented.  I will admit to having the person add a bit more sauerkraut, but that was only because I was asked.  I might consider adding hot peppers and bacon in the future.

Now the sandwich suffered a bit in the 15 minute ride to work while sitting in a plastic bag.  This might have led to some of sogginess and chewiness in the bread so that is being forgiven.

I knew going into this that the sandwich wouldn't be grilled but they did put it in their toaster which crisped and warming things a bit.  This wasn't really a hot sandwich, more lukewarm (even at it's hottest)

Now for the ingredients.  The bread was okay, not spectacular.  I guess part of that was the transportation and part of it was attempting a mass market appeal.  The corned beef was bland.  The sauerkraut was a bit on the sweet side and the dressing was dressing.  Honestly I don't think I have even had bad Russian dressing and perhaps only once had good.  One sandwich artist stopped the one who was applying the dressing from applying more and that was a good thing since it was a little over the top.

Overall the sandwich wasn't bad.  I'll assume a lot of the deficiencies were from transport and boost the score up to 3 out 5

No comments:

Post a Comment