20170519

Eveready Diner -- Brewster Hill, NY

Ida and I were trekking up to Boston to visit my brother and needed a bit of sustenance. I pulled off the highway when I saw a sign for the Eveready Diner. I was in the mood for a patty melt but fate handed me an excellent Reuben.

This  is a cute little diner playing 80's music. The menu said legendary coffee. The coffee was ok, better than what I get at work, not as good as Sheetz.

We were seated next to several tables of Verizon retirees who were having a regular lunch get together. They had loud discussions and one person was talking about eliminating a council seat to save $80,000.  I was rather amused by that since I sit on my  boro council gratis.

The Reuben had options of corned beef or pastrami. I chose the pastrami and it was wonderful. The sauerkraut was good. The dressing was on the side which is a nice touch. The bread could have stood to be grilled a bit more.


All in all well balanced, and put together with excellent ingredients and very good french fries. 4.5 out of 5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment