20150307

Lucky's Cafe - Cleveland OH

Lucky's Cafe is a small cafe in a neighborhood undergoing gentrification in Cleveland.  There are a number of art galleries in the neighborhood which is full of Orthodox churches, lodge halls and small row houses.

Lucky's is proudly part of the farm to table movement which emphasizes local, seasonal foods.  It has also been featured on FoodTV's Diner's Drive-in's and Dives.

When I was eating there I was tempted to try the beef stew since this really has been a winter for beef stew, but I heard that that the reuben here was awesome so I had to try it.  It came with potato salad but the waitress suggested the couscous so I went that route.  I also had the "Sunshine Tea" which was unsweetened iced tea, with some herbal tea components.

The Reuben was incredible.  All of the components were house made, the sauerkraut, corned beef and dressing and bread.  The attention to detail really showed.  The bread was snappy and crisp and crunchy, the beef was hot and flavorful.

My only real complaint was that there wasn't quite enough of the Russian Dressing, but with it off to the side I could have easily asked for more.

5 out of 5 stars



No comments:

Post a Comment