20150612

Local Whiskey - State College, PA

Local Whiskey is a bar above the Phyrst in State College.  I had been meaning to try it for a while, because in addition to enjoying corned beef, rye bread and sauerkraut, I also enjoy distilled aged spirits and local cuisine.

I flipped through to the whiskey and decided on the "Let your rye fly" flight.

All different.  All yummy.

Looking at the menu I saw a ruben.  This was going to be an excellent lunch.  I ordered it with high hopes.  I tasted the whiskey's but saved my palate for the main course.

All on it's lonesome on the plate

It was huge.  There were no sides except for the pickle but I was full eating it.  It was nicely grilled, not to greasy.  The corned beef was pouring off the sides and obviously high quality.



Peeling it open revealed all sorts of goodness.  This sandwich was one prepared by someone who knew what they were doing with high quality components.  I took a bite into it and was pleased.  The bread was soft but dry, not soggy, the meat was salty and flavorful, the sauerkraut was excellent as well.  It was swimming in incredible gooey swiss cheese.

This is one of the best if not the best that I have had.  I highly recommend it. 5 out 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment