20150614

Yorkholo Brewing - Mansfield, PA

Boo panini press, hooray brewpub!

After NSO'ing there first home bout of the Dirt Road Dears(lots of sloppy derby, but everyone was new at some point.) the refs and NSO's adjourned to the Yorkholo Brewing Company where I was looking forward to their Pennsylvania Grand Canyon Vanilla Porter. The beer was as good as I remembered it. After looking at wings and fried pickles I went after the reuben. 

My review may be tainted by the excellent one a few days prior but I will endeavor to be fair. 

The bread might have been white bread or may have been a mild seedless rye. It was cooked on a dry panini press so there was none of the crispy buttery goodness I so love. Instead of crispy grilled bread there was a crunch of smushed dry bread. 

The corned beef was dull, the sauerkraut was there, kinda, I remember some cheese and perhaps dressing. This was a shadow of great sandwich. 

That's being said, it wasn't soggy and there was nothing actively offensive. 2.5 out of 5.

Next time I'll get the burger which looked epic!

No comments:

Post a Comment